The program’s structure
The Ph.D. Program in Economics is a full-time study program. Therefore students must register for all three semesters during the academic year. There are 4 compulsory courses during the 1st year. The students are required to pass qualifying exam within 6th semester upon their entrance to the program. From the 2nd year onward, the students will concentrate on their research. Publication and presentations in conference are mandatory to graduate from the program.
Qualifications of Eligible Applicants
1) Master degree in economics or in related field with GPAX of at least 3.25.
2) One of the following English language exam results:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – a score of 550 or higher on a paper-based test, or and an equivalent score from an equivalent English language qualification test, or
- CU-TEP – a score of 80 or higher, or
- IELTS – a score of at least 6.0
a. English proficiency test result must be no more than two years, i.e. the exam must be taken on or after May 10,2017. Results must be submitted to the Program Office by the application deadline on May 10, 2019.
b. Applicants who are citizens of the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia or New Zealand are exempt.
c. Information on Chulalongkorn University's English Language Proficiency Test (CU-TEP) can be found at www.atc.chula.ac.th
d. Applicants with lower scores than the above requirements will not be accepted to the Program.
3) Applicant must be aware that this program is full time.
4) Experience in conducting research or writing dissertation is favorable.
5) Admission is subject to the applicant fulfilling the admission requirements prescribed by the Program Committee.
The application period
February 1, 2019 – May 10, 2019
- Complete application form: please download application form at: http://www.phd.econ.chula.ac.th
- Complete online application: at http://www.grad.chula.ac.th
Application Fee: THB 800 (by Cash or Cashier Cheque, made payable to "Faculty of Economics, Chulalongkorn University")
Tuition and Fees:
Expense per Semester
|1) Tuition* (per semester)||THB 23,000||THB 23,000|
|2) Fee* (per semester)||THB 57,000||THB 62,000|
* Subject to change according to Chulalongkorn University.
Remark: * Tuition and fees are subjected to change without prior notice.
Ph.D. Program Office
Room 316, 3rd floor,
Faculty of Economics, Chulalongkorn University
Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Tel. +66 2218 6217
Fax. +66 2218 6212
***This information may change without prior notice***